We are a small and friendly I.T. Consultancy company based a few miles outside of Maidstone, Kent that is looking to hire an I.T. technician to assist in the growth of the company. We are looking for an enthusiastic and professional team-player with a minimum of three years commercial I.T. experience.
The role will involve supporting our customers both from our office using remote control or administrative software and visiting client sites across the South East; a full driving license and your own transportation will be required to be considered for this role but we will pay mileage.
From a technical point of view, you must have experience installing, supporting and maintaining:
* Microsoft Windows XP Professional
* Microsoft Office
* Microsoft Windows Small Business Server
* Microsoft Windows Server
* Microsoft Exchange Server
* Microsoft SQL Server
* Microsoft ISA Server
* Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services
* Symantec Backup Exec
* Symantec Endpoint Protection
* Basic Networking Equipment (Hubs, Switches, Routers & Print Servers)
* Dell, HP & Generic PC Systems
Any experience with Cisco 800 Series Routers would be desirable but not essential. You will additionally need General TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, VPN, IIS & Active Directory experience.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have a smart, professional appearance and:
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Ability to understand and explain the features and benefits of various solutions
* Strong desire to overachieve & excel within the company
* Ability to work within a small team but also to use own initiative